Cruise Shipping Miami Official Media Policy
Convention organizers will issue complimentary media credentials to bona fide journalists intending to report on the convention's exhibition and conference sessions, according to the following criteria:
- The publication or broadcast provides trade, specialized or general consumer coverage of the passenger shipping industry or a related industry represented at the convention or exhibition.
- Media credentials will only be issued to editors, print and broadcast reporters or columnists, broadcast producers and directors, camera operators and professional photographers. As a courtesy, the organizers will grant media credentials to one publisher per publication.
- Associate publishers, marketing and sales representatives, and all other personnel must register as a delegate for admission to the conference and exhibition, or procure a visitor's badge for admission to the exhibition only. For registration information, email email@example.com
- Editors and publishers of online newsletters or websites dealing with the cruise industry may be granted media credentials at the discretion of the media relations staff.
- The convention's media relations staff can request additional forms of verification of an individual's credentials at any time. These include, but are not limited to:
- Business card with media outlet name, individual's name and title, and address.
- Name and title listed in a masthead.
- A by-lined article.
- A written letter of assignment from an editor.
- The media relations staff may contact journalists who were granted credentials after the convention to request clippings or other evidence of coverage.
- UBM Live and its media relations representatives reserve the right to deny media credentials to individuals who abuse the privilege or obtain credentials under false pretences. In the event that an individual is granted credentials and fails to report on the exhibition and conference, he or she might be denied media registration at subsequent conventions.
In the event that media relations staff cannot verify the credentials of an individual requesting a press badge, a determination will be made by the media relations supervisor or designated staff member. Decisions of the media relations staff related to granting media credentials are final.